Mouth cancer awareness and why it's a big deal
- Over 300 cases of mouth cancer are detected in Ireland each year.
- The earlier the disease is diagnosed, the better the outcomes.
- Many people are not aware of the signs of oral cancer or the risk factors so it can go undetected.
Find out more about the signs and symptoms on our blog - blog.decaredental.ie
But here's the good news
- We can all play a part in raising awareness for oral cancer.
- Your dentist can check for signs of oral cancer as part of your dental exam.
- Understanding the signs and symptoms is a great first step.
- Your DeCare Dental policy covers you for two dental exams each year which can include an oral cancer screening.
Log on to www.mouthcancerawareness.ie for more details.